Collection and Use of Personal Information
What personal information MUZIK collects:
- When you create a MUZIK account, apply for commercial credit, purchase our products, download a software update, connect to our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using MUZIK products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in MUZIK services or forums, MUZIK may collect the information you provide about those people such as their name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. MUZIK will use this information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for antifraud purposes.
How MUZIK uses your personal information:
- We use your personal information to update you on MUZIK’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. You may opt out of receiving emails and other notifications from us at any time by visiting [“MY ACCOUNT”] webpage, or by sending an email to [info@MUZIKconnect.com], or by writing us at [9220 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 112, West Hollywood, CA 90069].
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research for the improvement of our products, services and communications, and for loss prevention and antifraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including to protect our services for the benefit of all of our users. Our use of your personal information for antifraud purposes arises from online transactions with us. We limit our use of data for antifraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our determined legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. We may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources for certain online transactions.
- We may use your personal information to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of MUZIK account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. You may not opt out of receiving these notifications.
Personal Information Received from Another Source:
MUZIK may receive your personal information from another person if they share their content with you using MUZIK products, sent products, or invited you to participate in MUZIK services or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating a MUZIK account with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. This non-personal information may be collected, used, transferred, and disclosed for any purpose, including the following:
- We may collect non-personal information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, and location where a MUZIK product is used. This information helps us improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
- Technical. These cookies are essential for our services to function properly and may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
- Preferences. We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
- Security. We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
- Performance. We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
- Analytics. We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
- Advertising. We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, make the ads more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website and track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.
- Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for our website to work, but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do so, some features of our website might not work as intended.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on. To opt out of ads on Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Google Ads settings.
Disclosure to Third Parties
MUZIK shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever MUZIK operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for MUZIK to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
MUZIK is committed to the protection of your personal information. Our online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption through authorized.net. When your personal data is stored by MUZIK, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some MUZIK products, services, or applications or post on a MUZIK forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
MUZIK takes extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using MUZIK products and services. Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own MUZIK accounts, unless a parent provides verifiable consent.
If we learn that we have collected the personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without legally-valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
If at any time a parent needs to access, correct, or delete data associated with a child’s MUZIK account, they may contact us by sending an email to [info@MUZIKconnect.com], or by writing us at [9220 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 112, West Hollywood, CA 90069].
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your [MUZIK Account]. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose, including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if MUZIK is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for antifraud and security purposes.
ThirdParty Sites and Services
MUZIK websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a thirdparty mobile phone app.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. You are responsible for learning about the privacy practices of those third parties.
MUZIK Inc., 9220 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 112, West Hollywood, California 90069
California Privacy Disclosures
Do Not Track
MUZIK does not track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, search engines such as Google Chrome allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked. If you would like to learn how to set Google Chrome so that websites do not track you, click here.
Third parties that have content embedded on MUZIK’s websites such as a social may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific MUZIK website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from MUZIK’s websites unless you provide it to them directly.
Notice for Minors
MUZIK offers interactive services that allow you to post content to share publicly or with friends. You can delete or remove content you have posted at any time using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove content in a specific service or if you would like additional assistance with deletion, you can contact our MUZIK support team by sending an email to [info@MUZIKconnect.com], or by writing us at [9220 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 112, West Hollywood, CA 90069]. Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.